Qi 2018 puts flow into work
Qi is a Production Asset Manager and is the backbone of our workflows. For now Qi is free to use even without the QuineBox™IoT.
If you or your organisation request changes, bugfixes or updates, you will have to go into a service agreement with Quine.
All you need to download Qi is to register here.
You find Qi video-tutorials here.
Qi is currently OSX only. *
What does Qi 2018 do?
Qi 2018 is a PRODUCTION workflow application handling your files and metadata.
Set up rules for tasks as you go, drag-and drop from there until the production is done.
Qi 2018 standalone
- Secure copying of files and metadata
- Automatic projet structuring (understandable by humans)
- Automatic recognition of major cameras
- Automatic sorting by mediate/date/roll
- Transcode at ingest. .mxf, .mov, .m4v, .mp4 and .R3D to preset dailies and editorial formats.
- Fast verified copies with receipts for each job stored in common directory
- Read which LUT has been used for metadata, and automatically apply the right LUT to the right file (ARRI)
- Apply Sony Slog LUTs to F5 and F55 material
- But-ins of TC and filename for selected filetypes
- When multiple cameras are used: Conform all cameras to one codec
- All ingest and transcode operations are drag- and drop when the production is set up.
- Central project Database. When a new user is added to a project, all project settings are automatically set up from project preference.
- Multi-user. Audio can ingest from one machine, video from a different, or multiple computers can be used to ingest to the same project when the payload is high.
- Recognises and matches metadata from MovieSlate® and does automatic logging
- Automatically load all files from a shooting-day into a logging-window.
- Possible to log the shooting-day manually and add/edit comments before exporting .xml to editorial stage
- Manually sync TC-referenced and freeman cameras and audio before sending project off to edit. 1 -> n cameras can be synced into a shot
- Optional advanced routing of files. If you want CameraOriginals on a cheaper/slower store during the edit-process and want to save the precious fast SANs for edit-operations, selected file-types can be sent to individual destinations.
- Network destination robustness.
- Batch-export day-projects to editorial stage
- Watchfolders for Dailies and edit-proxies that automatically move the files to their right destinations, if you grade and transcode in an application outside Qi
Qi 2018 with QuineBox™iOt
- Qi receives and distributes the files and metadata that comes in from QuineBox™IoT - the final stage of the automated flow
- QC at ingest of original files picks up missing files and optional transcodes and delivers only those to the project. Missing files would typically come from Vari-Speed (slo-mo) shots, lack of network or if the box has been turned off.
- QC at ingest of camera-originals, verifies file and metadata integrity
- Qi 2018 makes the QuineBox into an automated workflow for online/offline productions
*Quine has Qi2 under development. The database for Qi2 is developed around the EBUCore metadata description and Qi2 will be fully platform-independent. There is currently no release target set for Qi2 as it is it a piece in a larger puzzle we are working on.
** CUDA enabled GPU currently a requirement for R3D transcodes
Some parts of the Qi code is Open Sourced from the POPART project and the parts that are open-sourced can be shared on request. use the contact page for requests.